Duties and Responsibilities of Directors
Whether you are a newly appointed director, or are thinking about becoming a director, you will need to be aware that directors have many obligations and legal responsibilities:
- You are legally responsible to file the company's annual accounts and annual return on time,
- You must ensure your company details are up to date.
- Information you submit will be placed on a public register and be available for public inspection including personal information you submit as part of your appointment.
- Companies that deliver accounts late receive a late filing penalty.
- Furthermore, as we display filing dates on the public record, late filing can damage your reputation.